Cooper Potts Scholarship Overview
The Katy Cavalier Youth Lacrosse Club provides scholarships for registration fees to children, who without financial assistance would be unable to participate in KCYLC sports programs. No guarantee of assistance is implied by this application. If the number of scholarship applications submitted and approved exceeds the amount available, the scholarships will be awarded by a lottery system. KCYLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or disability in its program and activities.
- Athletes must of eligible age to play for the Katy Cavalier youth program as determined by Greater Houston Youth Lacrosse Association zoning rules
- Parents/Guardians commit that the athlete will attend a minimum of 90% of all scheduled practices and games
- Parents/Guardians agree to volunteer 3hours, per scholarship recipient. Hours will support KCYLC related activities and must be completed by June 1st, 2020.
- The maximum amount awarded per recipient family is $599.00 per calendar year. Per IRS guidelines, KCYLC is required to issue a 1099 form to any individual or family that has received $600.00 or more in funds or compensation in a calendar year.
Please provide all information available to help KCYLC determine qualifications. Scholarship consideration will be given to families that meet the following criteria:
- Receive assistance from programs such as: Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, etc. and can provide written documentation of participation in these programs
- Provide recommendation by school representative, social worker, youth community center workers or other social service representative
- Provide a written statement of immediate financial hardship explaining the current situation. KCYLC recognizes that a family may not be receiving formal assistance from the programs mentioned above, yet financial assistance may still be needed to participate in a sports program. In these instances, the scholarship board will consider the financial hardship statement to determine scholarship eligibility.
Please provide any supporting documentation that may support the facts in your financial hardship statement. Complete the application process and read and sign the Terms and Conditions statement. Incomplete applications will automatically be denied. Scholarship requests must be submitted to KCYLC by November 4th 2020 in order to be considered. A parent, guardian, or head of household must complete the application, with all requested information provided. All items on the Scholarship Terms and Conditions must be initialed and the form must be signed and dated. Incomplete or late applications will be denied. As indicated above, all the following can be included to be considered for scholarship.
Submit any available documentation to include below and submit to: HELP@KatyCavalierLacrosse.org
- State or Federal assistance documentation
- Letter from school, social worker, youth community center worker, or other social services representative
- Letter of hardship The KCYLC Scholarship Committee will consider all scholarship applications completed with all necessary documentation and received by the deadline.
The amount of the scholarship awarded (if any) may be a partial or full scholarship depending on the number applicants, and amount of scholarship funds available. The parent, guardian or head of household will be notified in either case of a scholarship being awarded or not. Approval of a registration scholarship does not register the participant in the activity, athlete must still be registered online.
Click to learn more about Cooper...